Thursday, December 6, 2007

Teachers Statement










I've been inspired to teach ever since I've seen a movie called "Dangerous Minds". The movie is about a teacher named LouAnne Johnson who gave up a career as a marine to become a teacher at a terrible high school. She is assigned to teach a class of tough inner city adolescents who apparently thinks learning is unnecessary because they have already accepted failure as a way of life. She breaks all the rules by bribing them as a way to get them to learn. She comes up with anything possible that will help her achieve her goal. At first her students have no idea why she cares so much but in the end she successfully shows them that three is someone who cares and that success isn’t impossible. This movie shows the efforts of a devoted teacher who allowed her students to have faith in themselves and uncover who they are capable of being.



Knowing that a single teacher can have such a huge impact on numerous individuals inspires me. Everyone says that one person cant make a difference but I believe that they truly can. If LouAnne didn’t believe that she could make a difference in someone’s life, she would’ve never became a teacher and if she never became a teacher, all of her formers students would’ve went on into the world thinking there is nothing better out there for them.




I know that even though I’m just one person I can make a difference because all my teachers had made a difference in my life. I know that my teachers had something to do with me being polite, sweet and smart. Children are the future and what they need are teachers that cares about them and are willing to take the time out and teach them beyond books and shape their students to being the kind of person that succeeds. Teachers have a great influence on their students. I can’t wait to affect my students’ lives in a remarkable way one day.

No comments: